Thursday 29 June 2017

Thursday - HuRTS 4 x 800m (off 3'), 4 x 200m

Another deceptively brutal session, much like last week. Quantity-wise, it's not much. Quality-wise, it's intense. Although this time I was prepared for it. This really fast speed work is my weakest-link, so these sessions are absolutely gold for me - as I get annihilated! Jake and Jerome were there to keep me honest, however the former went too hard in the initial rep and hit to sit the next few out. Jake was consistent, and I fell consistently further behind on each of the 800m. I really started to struggle by the third one, and was simply in survival mode by the fourth. The times reflect it - 2:20, 2:23, 2:27, and 2:30. Then it was onto some 200m, which felt ridiculously short after the 800m. Nothing super quick here, averaging between 30-32 seconds. All up, a short but very intense session. I think I might need to look at doing more of these on a Saturday morning, especially on the weeks where we have Quarters or Mona on a Thursday (kind of illogical to do Parkrun less than 48 hours following these two Thursday sessions, as it is more or less the same session). A long 6km warm-up and 6km cool-down from and to Neutral Bay (via the Cahill Expressway, which I have Macca to thank for showing me that route).

No comments:

Post a Comment