Saturday 28 April 2018

Saturday - Parkrun

I was quite surprised to see that none of the fast guys showed up, especially considering that the Sydney10 is only a week away. That left me solo out the front on what was a slow, wet and windy morning - completely different conditions for a change, and arguably for the worst. I made sure that I didn’t go out too hard this week (much more respectable first kilometer in 3:07), but after that it was a struggle. Running into a headwind through puddles and mud wasn’t much fun, then it poured! Then on it was simply a battle of finishing. The time was terrible, 16:50, but the intensity and effort was definitely there. Not sure how much slower the conditions made it, so I’ll look at the positives and know that at worst I still got a great workout out there. I’ve had one of my fastest and most consistent week’s of running, so it’s not like I’ve suddenly lost it. A slow jog back home through a few more down pours. Glad I’m done for the day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment