Saturday 4 February 2017

Saturday - 10km slow watching the Sun Run

I thought today would have been better than it was. A couple of days rest and I have gone even further backwards. 10km in 5:01's. Ok, that's enough whinging from me. Didn't get to see the very front of the field at the end of the Sun Run, but saw Darren, Richard, then Erika (who looked fantastic, and she was definitely the first female that I saw, so fingers crossed), Tom (who looked as if he was pacing her, not sure if had finished or not though), then Rachel not too far after. Just saw a photo on the Facebook page of the start, and it looked as if there were some fast runners on the line. However, the main field looked heaps smaller than previous years. It'll be interesting to the see the numbers. If they have dropped, I have absolutely no sympathy for Fairfax. I'll admit that they do a great job in running the events, but I can't see how they can justify their race entry costs, not mailing out race bibs, and they complete lack of prize money (or prizes in general) for the top 3 males and females! Just ask Barts!

No comments:

Post a Comment