Sunday 5 February 2017

Sunday - 10km slow

At least I was able to prove that my current lack of form is not in my head. Wore my heart rate monitor today, and it confirmed the way I felt. Holding 5:02 min/km pace, my average heart rate was 141 beats per minute. Normally, my heart rate at that pace is around 116-120 (yes, even this time of the year). This included a final kilometer at 154 beats at 4:48 pace. So theoretically, I was in the threshold zone at this pace! Anyway, I saw the Manly crew when I left home - they tried to convince me to join, but I was too embarrassed. About five seconds later I changed my mind and turned around, but couldn't catch them at all. So I ran to Fairlight (Shelly Beach was out of the question with the Cole Classic on this morning) and back, then to the lagoon and back. Ran the final 200m with Paul (I think that is his name), who caught me and commented, "you're obviously taking it easy after the race yesterday!" Unfortunately "no" on both occasions. Definitely a step back from last weekend, where I was able to run 20km (with hills) at 4:42's. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to run for.

No comments:

Post a Comment