Tuesday 29 November 2016

Tuesday - another aborted session

I was really in two minds about starting sessions again (not a good place to be). Part of me wants to, as it has been a while. But then another part of me realises that by starting now, I run the risk of leaking far too early (want to be good from May to August 2017). Anyway, I warmed up, got to the bottom of Collins Flat. Actually did the first two hill reps, but really my mind was elsewhere. Physically I was ok (albeit slightly deconditioned from not doing much hill work). But after the second rep, I just decided that the time wasn't right so simply ran up and continued my normal North Head loop. Usually I would be extremely hard on myself for doing this, but it really didn't bother me today. I think the plan now will be to just run for fun until the end of the year, and join Scotty on Saturday's for a weekly speed session. That should be enough to keep my aerobic base solid and some speed in the legs, meaning that when I start back up January that I am not completely out of it. All up, about 16km this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Should have joined us for a few lazy 500's on Grahams Lewis. It's all very relaxed at the moment.

    ReplyDelete