Wednesday 22 November 2017

Wednesday - 15km

I felt amazing today, first time I’ve felt this good in about a month! Not that I’ve been feeling bad, but today I just felt strong and almost invincible! The only thing I can think of that differed yesterday was that I woke up not long after I had fallen asleep and grabbed some more food as I was still slightly hungry. Out for the usual Shelly-Fairlight loop on what was a quite humid, overcast and busy morning along the beachfront. Didn’t see anyone I knew (which is rare), but did have some really weird guy try to race me early on - there is a way to do this that is in good humour, but this guy was just a weirdo. Glad to get rid of him. I think it’s time for a Garmin reset, as it is progressively under-reading more and more each day - by 18 seconds (90m) today. Nevertheless, I actually ran my fastest ever time this morning, crossing the official North Steyne finish line in 53:24 (3:34’s), beating my previous time by one second (which was miles ahead of my next fastest time). So I’ve now got two outliers. Although today’s run felt much easier than the previous record run, which is even better. Better still, I wasn’t going for a time either, especially by not putting down the hammer in the final 3-4km. I’m half tempted to reintroduce some speed work shortly, but nothing too serious. Probably strides and hill sprints, just to improve that top end speed while maintaining my current aerobic endurance base which is coming along perfectly. But in saying that, I have no planned races, so no rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment