Saturday 19 May 2018

Sunday - Double B&B + 30 mins steady deep water running

I bought a brand new wetsuit just before Christmas, so I thought it would be time to finally Christen it. It was a stunning, albeit cold, morning, so what better way to kick it off with than a long overdue swim with the Bold & Beautiful (B&B). Despite not having swim for almost 18 months, I was surprised at how not-unconditioned I actually was. So much so, I actually did a double loop (approximately 3km instead of the 1.5km single loop). Stoked at myself, I thought I’d spend a few minutes out last the break upon returning practicing the deep water running technique that I had planned to try in the pool tomorrow. Wearing a wetsuit, I quickly discovered a flotation device was not necessary. The five minutes went quick, so I thought I’d extend it to 10. I got to 10, was feeling chuffed, so extended it to 20. Got to 20, thought ‘I’ve come this far, what’s an extra 10.’ So what started as a five minute trial turned quickly into a steady 30 minutes. I’m sure being out in the ocean certainly helps compared to being confined in a pool, but I actually really enjoyed it! Plus, it is so similar to running, surely this will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment