Monday 2 April 2018

Monday - 15km

I had some company on this warm and steamy morning in the form of Barry. I met Barry while heading south just before Queenscliff SLSC, about 1.5km into my run. Barry is a dog whose owner didn’t bother with a leash, so Barry being Barry decided to come for a run with me. And not just a brief cameo appearance, good old Barry was in for the long haul! Out to Shelly Beach, then to Fairlight, back to Shelly Beach before heading back to the lagoon at Queenscliff - where his ‘lovely’ (sarcasm) owner went ballistic at the both of us! I laughed it off and suggested to Barry’s owner that he should perhaps invest in a leash given Barry’s endurance capabilities. Now back to me (of course), I felt quite good, but definitely sore from yesterday’s run (probably more so than normal for a Monday, but then again yesterday was significantly faster than usual). It was chaos out there this morning, people everywhere trying to make the most of a stunning morning and the last day of the long weekend. Running through the B&B as actually impossible today, having to slow down for a brief walk. I was thinking I was on for around a 56 minute effort today, so was quite happy and surprised to see 54:18 (3:37’s) at the end! Really happy with that, and I’d like to give credit to my new training buddy! Time for a swim now!

No comments:

Post a Comment