Saturday 7 April 2018

Saturday - Parkrun

I had managed to luck into some good competition for each of the last three Saturday’s, so it was only a matter of time before I was going to have to run a solo Parkrun from the front. Today was that day. Like always, I just ran on feel. Surprisingly, there was a guy in Red Bull singlet who hung in my shadow. So at the start of the three kilometer mark, I backed it off to make him take the lead. He didn’t, so I retook the lead. Again, just after the Harbord Rd hill he was still there, so I did the same. He kind of reluctantly took the lead, but the pace slowed right down. So it was up to me again to push, and I just grounded through until the end. After the bridge, he told me to go for it as he was done. So got across the line for the win, the first this year - but a slower time of 16:35 (3:19’s). The effort was definitely there, so I’ll put the slower time down to the weather and the fact that it was really a solo effort. Enjoyed a nice run back along the coast with Darren for about 17km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment