Sunday 8 April 2018

Sunday - 30km

I was only saying yesterday that I am a week overdue for an easier week. I’ve been working off roughly a four week cycle, with the plan to take an extra day off every fifth week. So that means an extra rest day tomorrow. And it seems timely, as I really struggled this morning, and my performance has dropped off slightly since Thursday. All the signs that I used to ignore! So the plan today was to simply get through the 30km. The first 10km or so I was quite stubborn in trying to maintain my normal intensity, but I finally succumbed to the pace just after this. Cruised through the next 20km at a somewhat easier effort. Around the lake and home in 2:03 (4:06’s). I hate taking an extra rest day, but I know that my body needs it, plus I know I’ll bounce back better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment