Wednesday 11 April 2018

Wednesday - 15km

I felt terrible when the alarm woke me up from a deep sleep. Dragged myself out of bed knowing that today was going to be a struggle. I didn’t muck around as much this morning and got going about 15 minutes earlier. An awesome day out there, with an ever increasing northeasterly seabreeze which made the final stretch from Manly to Queenscliff harder than it needed to be. Out along the Shelly to Fairlight Loop this morning, seeing Darren early on. Avoided some more council trucks (they are everywhere these days - all the gear with no idea), and narrowly missed getting run over at the crossing by a tradesman who was flying (he definitely saw me, but didn’t really care). Got back in a surprisingly quick time of 54:09 (3:37’s), great considering how I felt and the wind along the beachfront. Not enough time for a swim this morning as I had to quickly organise tonight’s dinner. At least the forecast is looking similar for the next few days, so plenty of time to get back in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment