Saturday 2 June 2018

Saturday - 7 x 5 minutes (off 1 minute) (deep water running)

I could never quite understand it when people would say that it is warmer in the water than out, but today I was enlightened. Walking out into the dark ocean just out the front of Manly LSC at 6:05am into massive surf seemed suicidal, and this almost turned out to be correct. After about two minutes of warming up, a massive set came and broke just before me. So Plan B it was! I got out, rode my bike to Shelly Beach, and preceded with the session there. At least by now the faintest signs of dawn were apparent. Today was mammoth session, and something that I was somewhat dreading. Similar last week, th key is to simply focus on one rep at a time, and in that rep, just focus on counting to 300. I can honestly say that I don’t enjoy these Saturday sessions as much as the week day ones, mostly because the volume of the session is so much greater that you really have to pace it appropriately by being more conservative to an extent. Other than being bombarded by numerous different swimmers throughout who were concerned about my welfare, I got through it in the end. Followed this up with a reverse B&B swim, taking extra care to avoid a head on collision with the official group given our opposing directions. Then home for a quick shower before heading straight back down for a coffee with my good friend Kris and her lovely parents. A great way to start the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment