Tuesday 19 June 2018

Tuesday - 2 sets of 6 x 2:30 minutes (off 30”) (2 mins between sets) (deep water running)

I’m not sure whether you’d call that dedication or stupidity this morning. I’d like to think that it was the former, while I’m sure others will argue it was the latter (yes, the latter did cross my mind as well more than once this morning). I didn’t think the conditions could’ve been worse than yesterday - so then Tuesday decided it would outdo Monday by throwing in some rain and intermittent electrical activity. The latter ensured that I delayed the session by about 5 minutes, but once out in the water, it was really only my head that was exposed to the elements - the water once again remaining warmer than usual. Although the wind chop does impact the quality of the session somewhat, I simply did my best to focus and push through it. That I did, grinding through the two and a half minute efforts - all 12 of them! Felt good, just like yesterday. Then it was time for 15 horrible lengths in sidechop, a bit of lightning, pouring rain, and everything else that you could imagine to make my session hell! Glad to get through it in the end, and looking at the forecast, that’s supposed to be the worst of it. Got the heater cranked up and am rugged up to the max now!

No comments:

Post a Comment