Sunday 24 June 2018

Sunday - 2 hours (deep water running)

Up and out earlier than usual this morning, getting into the water at 5:43am. And it was cold! A beautiful day, but a cool southwesterly wind, along with what felt like a drop in water temperature was great psychological conditioning. In saying that, the two hours flew by, and I felt great. The heart rate was a bit lower today, but I think that is simply due to the colder water, as intensity-wise it felt the same as any other Sunday. Warmed up with a nice coffee at Manly Wine (yes, despite the name, the coffee there is fantastic) with my good friend Kris. 7 weeks post-injury, and absolutely no pain when I palpate my second metatarsal for the first time this morning. I’m going to be extra conservative and give it another week before I attempt to run again, giving myself a full 8 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment