Thursday 9 July 2015

Thursday session - Half Mona Fartlek

First hit of speed work since Sunday, albeit half the normal quantity. Felt pretty good this morning, which was nice. Each day has felt progressively easier, reinforcing the significance of taking my recovery more seriously. The format for today's session was the traditional Mona Fartlek session, but cut in half. That equated to 1 x 90 seconds hard, 90 seconds float, 2 x 60 seconds hard, 60 seconds float, 2 x 30 seconds hard, 30 seconds float, 2 x 15 seconds hard, 15 seconds float. 10 minutes of fartlek all up, but trying to run roughly the same pace as I would for the complete session (in other words, hold back a bit). Got this down to the line, with 3.07km run averaging 3.15min/km. Admittedly, I felt like I wasn't giving it everything at all, especially from about the halfway mark onwards - I took the floats slightly slower than normal. Glad to have done the run, which will sharpen myself up for Sunday's race. A very easy run back home of about 4km, totalling approximately 10km all up. This will be by far my smallest week of mileage in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment