Saturday 25 May 2019

Saturday - 15 km

I was a bit nervous this morning as both my resting heart rate and heart rate variability were through the roof, a good sign that I’m not properly recovered. I wasn’t feeling amazing either, having hit the snooze button at my first alarm at 6 am. Nevertheless, it was such a beautiful day so there was no way I wasn’t going to get out there. Just ran purely on feel, and actually felt pretty good once I got going. Still just running the Shelly-Fairlight loop at the moment - not fit or confident enough to venture up to North Head just now. Apart from dodging a few B&B swimmers and navigating some of the stupidly placed Taste of Manly tents (I’m looking at you Havana Beach), I got back in just over an hour holding 4:01’s at 162 bpm. Really happy with that, and looking forward to some further improvements over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment