Saturday 14 March 2015

Saturday session - 3 x 2 miles

I have temporarily reverted back to the dark ages of the imperial system! The goal of this morning's run was to simulate 10km race pace over 3 intervals with a small recovery jog in between. I averaged 3:17, 3:16 and 3:22 min/km for the 3 sets - all with 4:30 recovery run of 2 minutes between. Although it looks as if I hit the wall in the last repetition (which I no doubt did to some degree), I am going to debate the accuracy of the Garmin, as the complete session was carried out on my new stomping ground at Passmore Oval, which is a 650m concrete path. My general maths knowledge would suggest that each 2 mile repetition (3.2km) should take me just shy of 5 laps. This was spot on for the first two repetitions, however, I ended up running about 50-75m into a 6th lap for my last repetition. Nevertheless, it was a great and tough session, and one that I look forward to repeating perhaps next Saturday or the following week. I was joined by Jamie Stewart for my cool down, who had just run a PB of 17:02 at ParkRun, and was just finishing off his tenth one minute effort as set by his coach Gary Horward. Long run tomorrow - tossing up whether to drive to Centennial Park and run with Sean Williams' squad, or try and regroup who is currently here in the Manly group for another run around the recently opened (and reportedly $11 million) Narrabeen Lake trail. Until then, I will enjoy my coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment