Sunday 15 March 2015

Sunday long run

The traditional Sunday long run. I was left to run this solo today, after enjoying the company of the local Manly boys over the past month. Nothing too exciting to report - simply ran 28km from Manly to Warriewood Beach and return. Had a nice tail wind on the way down, but the ever increasing southerly wind made for an unpleasant return 14km. Oh well, I will take a head wind over the humidity that we have endured this past summer any day. In terms of pace, I actually like to leave the GPS at home and run purely on feel. Nevertheless, I would have averaged roughly 4:05-4:10 min/km. Pulled up a bit tired following a good solid week of training, which focused heavily on optimising my aerobic strength and speed endurance - as I want to condition myself to the demands of running sub-33 minute pace for 10km. Easy day planned for tomorrow (Monday), followed by a return to 1000m repeats nice and early on Tuesday morning. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment