Wednesday 18 March 2015

Wednesday medium long run

I slept in this morning until 6:40am, meaning that when I left the house I was treated to the most amazing sunrise as I descended the driveway and overlooked South Curl Curl Beach. I generally feel sore and sorry for myself on Wednesday morning, especially following Tuesday's double run. Today was no different, noticing the usual tightness in the right hamstring and right peroneals upon first strides. Nevertheless, these niggles 'warmed up' (which, by the way, is a good sign when differentiating between general aches and pains vs. a proper injury as a runner) and I ran a steady 18km to the end of North ahead and return. Didn't actually see the normal group of guys that I run with on Wednesday morning, so I'm glad that I did not set the alarm an hour earlier as I might have ended up running solo anyway. The goal with today is to purely get some miles into my legs, but  ore importantly to promote some degree of recovery in preparation for tomorrow morning's speed session.

No comments:

Post a Comment