Sunday 6 November 2016

Sunday Long Run - 30km

Great initiative by Justin today in suggesting a change in scenery. The only downside is that he wanted to run the North Head loop (which I have essentially been running each day for the past week or two). Robin was the other starter, although he was tired after racing yesterday (I honestly don't think he has recovered 100% from Melbourne yet). We met at the pool, ran to Shelly, and then to my shock, we headed up the trails to North Head (still not a fan of trails, I can't see why people get fascinated by them - each to their own I guess). We then headed up Bluefin Drive and joined onto another trail (although less technical) before coming out near the Fairfax Loop. Another silly idea followed by running down to Collins Flat then out to Fairlight. By this stage, I was well and truly trailed out. Back to Shelly (dodging the B&B swimmers - I swear they lack spatial awareness once out of the water)! Then progressively Justin then Robin peeled off, leaving me solo at the lagoon. I ran the Nolan's/golf course loop which bought me back home to just under 28km. Felt good today (must have been last night's 7 course degustation), so bumped it up to 30km (because it looks that much more impressive on Strava). My fascination with even numbers ensured that I picked up the pace slightly for the last kilometer to ensure the average pace was 4:28's. Feel absolutely fine now - well and truly recovered from that annoying bought of fatigue (it's been 6 weeks after all). While it's tempting to start some speed work again this next week, I'm going to use every bit of willpower to hold myself back and simply enjoy this base building phase. Got to remember that I don't need to be running fast until May 2017. Time for a swim and a loaf of bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment