Wednesday 2 November 2016

Wednesday - 15km with 6 x 30 second surges

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I felt like hell, today I felt like I was on performance-enhancing drugs (not that I would know what that actually feels like). Did the usual North Head loop; was almost going to mix it up and run to Nolan's, but when you get weather like this it would be madness not to run along the coast! Just to keep some speed in my legs, decided to throw in some 30 second surges throughout the run. These felt surprisingly really good - they felt fast, in control, and in a sense - effortless. Really happy with that. Could have easily have gone much further than 15km, but I've got to stick to this current plan of maintaining my aerobic base with some easy running, without the excessive mileage. 15km in 4:13's.

No comments:

Post a Comment