Saturday 19 August 2017

Saturday - 7km hill effort (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Another brand new session this morning. Jogged to Shelly Beach for a 3km warm-up, the wind picking up more and more each minute. The idea was to do a 7km effort along an undulating course. So started at the bottom of Shelly Beach, followed Bower $t all the way to Cliff St, then up Darley Rd, underneath the stone arch then down Snake Hill. Turned around at the bottom and ran back. Back at Shelly Beach, I had 500m to go. This was horrible - the final 500m straight back up Bower $t (the steepest part of the session), I honestly felt like I was walking, such was the state of my legs. Ended up finishing outside No. 36, just past Montpelier St. Time was 25:48, averaging 3:41's. As it was the first time I've done this session, I have nothing to compare it to. All I can say was that it was brutal! But good! Had to walk for a few minutes, as I wasn't in a state to start the cooldown straight away. Ended up bumping into Scotty, Barts, Darren and Macca along the beachfront - they were in the final 15 minutes of their long run. So I had some company for the remainder of the cooldown. 17km all up.

Got out for an easy and windy 8km along the beachfront. Always feel better after than before. 4:38's.

No comments:

Post a Comment