Saturday 26 August 2017

Saturday - Manly to Spit & Return

It has been a few years since I've run the full Manly to Spit, and I forgot how good it was! The track has been improved drastically on some sections, almost like running on a footpath. But there are still the more technical parts, especially from Tanya Park to Clontarf (I think I got a 6 min/km through here this morning). I couldn't figure out why I saw bunches of four people with numbers pinned on their tops - I couldn't think of any races that were going on at the moment? Then upon returning to Tanya Park, I realised that it was the Oxfam 100km trailwalk. No wonder they didn't seem too responsive when I said good morning! A cracking morning out there. Kept the pace firm but comfortable, only really opening up in the final few kilometers once I was back on normal terrain. Just under 20.2km in 4:33's. A great way to start the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment