Wednesday 30 August 2017

Wednesday - 15km

Felt a bit more tired this morning, so the intention was to hold back the intensity a bit. I felt fine once I got out, and probably ran at what felt like a similar intensity as yesterday. Saw Ben just as I started - he was just over 2.5km ahead of me. I thought he might be running the same loop (the Shelly-Fairlight loop), so thought I might have some fun and see if I could make up the ground over the 15km of running. Saw him again at Manly LSC (I was on my way to Shelly, he was off to Fairlight), so it was down to just under 2km. Then again between Fairlight pool and the turnaround - so now about 1km. Then lastly on the way back from Shelly - this time it was down to about 300-400m. I caught him just after Manly LSC, and he decided to push the pace with me up to Queenscliff bridge. I pushed the pace a bit more here, with Benny just hanging in there. I turned around just after Bridge before the final 800m back home along the beachfront. The company, albeit short and not much talking, was nice! Final two kilometers were quite quick, 3:32 and 3:31. All up, 15km in 3:47's. Again, the pace felt solid but definitely controlled the entire way. Every time I consciously felt myself trying to run faster, I would back it off. Another cracking morning out there once again - only one more day of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment