Wednesday 7 March 2018

Wednesday - 15km

Much the same as yesterday, although a bit warmer. A strong southeasterly slowed the pace down a fair bit once again, particularly noticeable on the Queenscliff to Shelly stretch, and then once again heading south from East to West Esplanade along the harbour. Ad to that a serious amount of detouring I had to do! I had the usual bike path detour on the first passing of the Surfing Festival (yes, they are still packing it away), but on the way home they had actually blocked off the bike bath as well! They placed a small bit of taping in the gutter as a means for pedestrians to walk by! I ended up just running on the road. And then just before turning at Queenscliff SLSC, a council truck had blocked off the path - meaning another two detours! I’m full of excuses today (wind, detours, feeling fairly ordinary), so getting back in 55:38 (3:42’s) was actually not too bad at all. Certainly quicker than I had anticipated, as in my mind it felt slower than Monday and Tuesday. I’ll take that on a day like today. Also just glad to get through it this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment