Wednesday 28 March 2018

Wednesday - 15km

Another day of GPS under-reading, today it robbed me of 220m (43 seconds). I think that something is making it bounce when I turn around at Shelly Beach, as it seemed to happen at the exact same spot on Monday (although today wasn’t as bad). Anyway, it took me ages to get going this morning, a combination of a bit of an upset stomach and being quite drowsy (I could have kept sleeping for hours past my alarm this morning). Eventually got out for my usual Shelly-Fairlight loop, seeing Justin and Tom (not together) along the way. The council had roped off the entrance to the Art Gallery along West Esplanade, meaning another slight holdup and detour along the grass (both ways). Basically all the elements were against me this morning, except for the weather (for once), which was gold (not as cool as yesterday though). Got back to North Steyne SLSC in 54:34 (3:38’s), although continued to run the extra 220m that had disappeared off my GPS (again, my OCD ego wouldn’t let me have anything shy of ‘15’ on the Garmin). A very solid run, and quite glad it’s over now to be honest. One more to go before a four day weekend! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment