Wednesday 21 March 2018

Wednesday - 15km

No rain, but massive southeasterly winds out there this morning. The bonus is that it kept the crowds away. I felt pretty good today, especially the first kilometer with a massive tailwind behind me pushing me past Queenscliff SLSC to the lagoon. Then I paid the price - straight into a soul-shattering headwind along the one mile stretch between Queenscliff and Manly LSC. Not much I could do except grit my teeth and push through it, completely ignoring what my pace may be. The wind was patchy throughout the rest of the run, coming in peaks and troughs along the harbour foreshore. The (almost) final mile back to Queenscliff was fantastic, but the whole time I was bracing myself for that final 800m back home. And it was worse than I had anticipated! Again, I just out my head down and went for it. Got home in a surprisingly quick (conditions considered) time of 55:18 (3:41’s), significantly quicker than the the high 56/low 57’s that I was anticipating! So very happy with that, and just as happy to avoid any rain (despite the phone saying 100% chance of rain)!

No comments:

Post a Comment