Saturday 6 October 2018

Saturday - 6 x 800m hills (jog recovery)

Out for some solo hill reps on a horrible day on the weather front. Intermittent downpours coupled with a strong southerly wind really tested the motivation levels this morning. To be honest, I’m just glad I got out there and did it. Times were comparable to last week, although I was definitely running further this week to get to the same 800 m mark as last week, with most reps finishing well past the speedhump (the actual 800 m mark). So, with horrible conditions and slightly longer reps, the times were 3:22, 3:24, 3:29, 3,31, 3:35, and 3:34. I don’t think the heart rate monitor enjoyed the weather either. A steady cool-down for just over 17 km all up. As I said, I’m just glad I got it done. Feeling sorry for all the Sydney Striders who had to race up there an hour after I’d started.

No comments:

Post a Comment