Tuesday 2 October 2018

Tuesday - 8 x 1 km (off 1’)

I finally managed to work my way up to 8 reps! And it wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be. I was joined by Erika and Jamie (the latter was a nice surprise) at 6am at the usual meeting spot warmed up and ready to go. A sore hip and a sore glute for Erika and Jamie respectively ensured they took a more conservative approach, but they both went very strong and got through what they had initially planned. The first rep we all started together, Jamie pushing me the whole way, leading to my fastest rep. The splits were 3:13, 3:20, 3:22, 3:23, 3:21, 3:24, 3:22, and 3:24. I pushed it, but didn’t kill myself. A very solid session, and I’m just happy I survived it and held a consistent pace without blowing up. A nice and easy cool-down for just over 17 km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment