Saturday 1 December 2018

Saturday - 10 x 400 m hills (quick jog recovery)

That is hands down the hardest session that I do! The good news that it is now the longest possible time until I have to do it again (two weeks). Thankfully some nice weather after a horrendous past two runs, although quite humid. No starters today, so I was left solo ready to go at 6:30 am at the bottom of Snake Hill. I went out harder this time and probably suffered for it in the second half. I don’t care though, I’ve simply just got to get through this one. I think my turnaround at the 400 m was slightly further than last time as well. Finished a full second faster than last time in 31:21, but the distance read an extra 210 m. More importantly, the heart rate averaged a very high (by my standards that is) 168 bpm. No wonder I had to sit down on the nearest rock immediately post run. After catching my breath, it was a slow and easy jog down to Collins Flat before a lap of the beachfront for just over 17 km all up. No proposals this week unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment