Tuesday 4 December 2018

Tuesday - Quarters

I forgot how tough this session was! Left solo this morning, I still got up at the usual 4:55am as I just wanted to get it done. An easy warm-up to North Head before getting straight into it. It’s only 4.8 km, but it’s the change in pace (400 m hard, 200 m float x 8) that kills me. It sucks, because you work harder than you do in a threshold run, but don’t really run any faster overall. Finished in 16:07 (3:21’s). Nothing amazing, but not horrible by any means - especially considering this is the first time I’ve done this since August 2017. A bit more practice and I’m sure that the time will come down quite a bit (my best is pretty much a full minute faster). It certainly wasn’t from a lack of effort though, I was absolutely spent by the end of it. A longer than usual cool-down around 17 km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment