Saturday 22 December 2018

Saturday - 8 x 2’ (30” jog)

I was a bit nervous before this one as I hadn’t done it for two years, and my memories from back then were full of pain. Just the one other starter (out of four potentials) in Fiona today, but I was very grateful for her company. Meeting outside Manly LSC, we were confronted with a massive southerly (apparently it was 43 km/hr according to the iPhone weather app), making the odds significantly faster than the evens. The hardest thing about this session is the lack of rest between reps, so, although short overall, the heart rate pretty much stays elevated the entire time. The times/paces weren’t anything special today with 630 m, 590 m, 620 m, 580 m, 600 m, 580 m, 600 m, and 580 m. As I have nothing recent to compare this to, I’d have to say that I’m pretty satisfied with the effort (maxed out at 180 bpm) despite the times not being super fast (the wind didn’t help in the slightest). A long cool-down for just over 17 km all up. Managed to get home before the rain, which was a nice bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment