Tuesday 25 December 2018

Tuesday - 5 x 1 mile (off 2’)

There’s nothing quite like getting up at 4:55 am on Christmas morning for some solo one mile reps along the beachfront. It was an absolutely stunning morning, and I must say that I’m so glad that I was up early to experience it. There was some talk of Sam joining me, but I gave home until 5:50 am then I was off. A mild northerly breeze meant the odds were slightly tougher and slower than the evens, but overall they were pretty consistent. Splits were 5:16, 5:13, 5:20, 5:14 and 5:21 (averaging 5:16.8, or right on 3:18 min/km pace), so very happy with that. Even better, I didn’t feel as if I killed myself, the session feeling quite manageable the entire way. A nice and easy 5.5 km cool-down along the beachfront, seeing quite a few people I knew on there way to do B&B, making me feel guilty for not joining in. I was too knackered though. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment