Thursday 6 December 2018

Thursday - 16 km with middle 20’ at threshold

Nice conditions after last week, although the humidity is really starting to creep in (it December after all). I didn’t feel great for the first easy lap, but once I started the 20 minute effort I began to feel really strong and powerful. I kept the intensity controlled, despite the heart rate reading slightly higher than usual - I basically listened to my body and ran on feel. Didn’t push at all for the final kilometer (as is the temptation a lot of the time), finishing the threshold effort at 5.99 km holding 3:20’s at 170 bpm. A new season’s best (I actually reckon it was further than that and the Garmin sold me short by 20-30 m, as I passed the 6 km mark at the speed bump). Nevertheless, I am really happy with that - even more so as the effort felt not too taxing at all. Cruised the remainder to get out the 16 km. It’s really nice to see some more progress, especially after two years of nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment