Tuesday 2 June 2015

Tuesday morning session - Mona Fartlek

Change of plans this morning - originally I was going to head to Centennial Park this morning for the monthly 5km time trial. I changed my mind late last night, as I thought despite being slightly shorter (and arguably easier) than the Mona Fartlek session, I thought the extra 90 minutes of sleep would negate that. Bloody tough conditions out there on the exposed North Head loop - cold and windy. Especially when it blows from the south-west - meaning that you end up spending two-thirds of the session straight into a cold head wind, with only one-third being a nice tail wind. Anyhow, got a solid 6.07km for the entire session (i.e. the 20 minute component of the session), which in retrospect I am pretty happy with considering the conditions. 8km cool down back to North Steyne for 17km all up. Now to try and get warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment