Saturday 16 July 2016

Saturday - 2 x hilly loop + 2 x white fence (am) + 40 minutes easy (pm)

That was brutal! After a typically slow Saturday morning warm-up, Gary had as walk towards some hill loop that he had come up with. Nice to do something different. He explained that each lap was about 2.5km, and we were to do two laps, then a slow jog to the cafe (only about 100m) before doing two laps of the white fence. Figured that pacing was key - as the session was going to be volume heavy. A great turnout today - with Matt, Tom and Keith pulling away (as expected) from the get go. I then had Brad, Ross and Jackson come past me halfway through the first lap of the hilly loop - decided to stick to my own pacing and let them go ahead. This paid off nicely, as I progressively pulled them in over the second lap. 3:27's for the two laps (about 4.77km). A walk to the cafe (the three in front walked, so I did as well) before starting a dreaded two laps of the white fence. I was solo from here on in. I could always see Keith though, who had been dropped by Matt and Tom, so just focused on staying steady and not letting him out of my line of sight. He progressively pulled further away, but not at an alarming rate - which was nice. In the other respect, I turned my head to ensure that Jackson and Ross weren't catching me. To my relief, they weren't. I knew that I wasn't alone in the pain chamber! Finished the double lap in 24:22, 3:25's. Happy with that, as that two-lapper was torture after the hilly loop! We all regathered before heading out for a 5km cooldown. Just shy of 21km all up. A solid start to the weekend. Another easy run planned for later today, should bring the mileage to just under 30km for the day.

An easy 40 minutes around the Nolan's loop before lunch. 8.6km at 4:39's.

No comments:

Post a Comment