Sunday 31 July 2016

Sunday - 2 hours 10 minutes (solo)

Got a message at 4:50am this morning from Justin informing me that his lower leg is too sore, so he won't be running today. I messaged Hamish (my only other confirmed starter) to ren sure him that I was still running. Started at the pool at usual time of 6:15am, picking Hamish up almost immediately. Poor guy had been sick all week, and hadn't actually trained since last Sunday's long run. A slower run didn't bother me, especially following a solid day yesterday. However, as we approached Dee Why, Hamish's cough got worse and worse. He had to stop. He was extremely apologetic, but I was the one who felt bad. So there I was, 5km into my Sunday long run completely solo. The last time this was the case would have been back in February. Nevertheless, I actually enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It was a magnificent sunrise, and mild morning on top of that. The crowds were down, so had plenty of time to think to myself. One random question came up - can vegeterian stop eat fish roe? Controversial topic that one! Anyway, got back to North Steyne, then did a lap around my block getting to 29.85km at the 2 hour 10 minute mark. The inner OCD in me decided to push on for the extra (what was 33 seconds) to bring it up to 30 on the dot. 4:21's, holding a very comfortable and conservative 134 beats per minute. Felt remarkably good this morning - I am starting to believe that the past few weeks I had been mildly anaemic. Nothing some liquid iron cannot fix (although I might have to purchase some straws, as it completely stains my teeth). 150.7km for the week! Next two weeks will be progressively less in the lead up to the C2S. Got some really sharp speed work this week - gotta try and recruit some starters for Tuesday and Thursday morning (Tom, Scott)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment