Saturday 30 March 2019

Saturday - 20’ threshold

Thank god that’s done. The only good thing to come out of that was the end of it. I met Tom, Dave and Scotty up at North Head for a 6:45 am start in dark and pouring conditions. The latter two were running 30 km, while Tom was planning two laps, a break, then a third. I had lowered my expectations down to only 20 minutes, and in the end, that was probably a bit too ambitious. I held onto the planned 3:30 pace for the first kilometer, and after this I was already beyond my threshold. I had two options - pull the pin and sulk and go home, or just take it for what it is and back the pace off and just get out 20 minutes. I chose the latter, and although it was slow and I only managed 5.46 km (3:40’s at 165 bpm), the effort was definitely there. And realistically, that’s simply where I am at the moment, so no need to beat myself up about it. With a warm-up and cool-down, I was out there for 15 km all up. I might try a similar session again next Saturday and see if I can make further (and much needed) progress.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to mention, I liked this article. It was helpful.
    Keep on posting!
    physiotherapy in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. nyc post if you are suffering from back pain or leg pain or lower back pain click here :-
    Physiotherapy at home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this article. It was helpful.
    Keep on posting!
    Mulligan Therapy Concept workshop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joint pain and stiffness is common problems which comes with the age.so capri spine offers you the best joint pain treatment without medicines and surgeries which is effective, affordable and risk-free.

    ReplyDelete