Saturday 23 March 2019

Saturday - parkrun

My first bit of speedwork in three weeks, and what better way to return than with parkrun. Ran there solo, the left hamstring feeling the best it’s felt in a few weeks. Got there and met Darren and Erika. Wasn’t expecting much, thinking around 17:40-ish. I quickly got into the front group with two others, with me and one of the others doing most of the work for the first three kilometres. Then my lack of conditioning came and bit me (as expected) after the hill on Harbord Rd, switching to survival mode for the final mile. The other two gradually gapped me and I was left alone for the final kilometer. Held in there for a much faster than expected 17:20 (3:28’s at 176 bpm), so quite happy with that. Pretty spent after that, so my plan of running a few 200’s afterwards went out the window. After a quick chat with the others, I was on my way back home along the coast for 17 km all up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative.
    I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from
    your writing. Cheers!
    physiotherapy in chennai

    ReplyDelete