Sunday 15 January 2017

That didn't last long.... 28km

Met with the Manly Crew at the pool this morning for my first long run of the year with the group. It was just what I needed. Realised I still love running, it's just a change of stimulus that I need moving forward. I'm half convinced to perhaps trying to join in with the HuRTS Squad on Tuesday and Thursday's. All the guys I enjoy running and racing with do it, so it seems like the logical step for me. I just don't have the psychological willpower at the moment to get up early three mornings a week and bash myself into the ground - made much harder when solo as well!

There was talk of a fast finish today, and it took off slightly at the 18km mark. Barts, Scotty, Tom and myself (Toby joining in later). Got to 20km and was quite sore from the plyometrics I did yesterday afternoon (I was bored). Looked at the pace and it was around 3:45-50, so really I'm 'no-mans' land. Saw Tom just off the back so decided to join him, leaving Barts and Scott up the front. Just steady from here to the end, finishing with 28km in 4:20's. Jumped into the ocean before meeting a few of the gentlemen at The Emporio. Looking forward to a new challenge ahead now!

No comments:

Post a Comment