Thursday 12 January 2017

Thursday - 16km with the middle 20' at threshold pace

That was tough today! Admittedly the temperature was much more pleasant, but the humidity was still there! Really had to dig deep to not the pull the pin after the first kilometer or two of the effort this morning. Just convinced myself to simply finish it, knowing how shit I feel when I stop early! Hung in there, never looking at the watch until the last second. 5.8km in 3:26's. Fractionally slower this week according to the watch, but I started and finished the 20 minute effort at the exact same positions as last week - so I'm just going to call it as 'the same as last week.' I might give myself a few bonus points as the conditions were much tougher today (despite the drizzle last week, it was bliss)! Kept going for the extra few kilometers for another solid Thursday threshold done and dusted. Ticking another box on my long road back to peak performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment