Tuesday 10 January 2017

Tuesday - 5 x 1 mile reps (off 2 minutes)

This session is always my Achilles heel. That 5 minute effort pace always destroys me, and today was no different. Ran these at Passmore, but in doing so completely missed the nice sea breeze (which I discovered when cooling down at the end). So I was stuck in brutal humidity. All in all, it was a very solid session. Consistent is probably an understatement, with every rep being between 5:14-16. So 3:16 min/km pace, nothing special, but not bad for where I am currently at, and the humidity (I will try and find more excuses as the day goes on). I think I have managed only a 4-5 seconds per kilometer faster back at the end of 2015, when I was running the fastest I have ever run (but unfortunately have no races to prove this). A nice and easy jog back home for just under 18km all up. I'm knackered now, time for a swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment