Saturday 25 March 2017

Saturday - 15km

Ran the North Head loop this morning solo, first time since early January. Slightly intimidated, hence why I delayed it each run this week up until today. Felt really good this morning, and in all honesty it wasn't so bad after all. In fact, the hill(s) that I noticed it most on was the one up to St. Patrick's estate. There and back is just under 14km, so once up there I ran three laps of the Fairfax Loop. 15km all up in 4:07's - the fastest (and hilliest) run I have done in a long time. I'm experimenting with some breakfast options at the moment, so am nervous as to how today's is going to turn out.

2 comments:

  1. What are eprerimenting with? Emu's eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that sounds interesting. As it turned out, we think that the underlying cause of my pain and fatigue that I was experiencing up until two weeks ago was due to coeliac disease. I've been a bit OCD since, so I've actually eliminated all grains, dairy and soy from my diet. And since I've done that, I've been able to train again. And I feel better than I have for the past 9 months, just need to get fit again. So my staple breakfast was always homemade muesli or granola with Greek yogurt and fresh fruit. Yesterday I substituted the muesli/granola with a baked sweet potato and the yogurt with egg whites. Mixed in some almonds and some fruit, and it was actually really good. I'm actually about to make again right now. I can email you the recipe if you are interested. Nutritionally it is identical to what I always had, but dairy and grain free.

    ReplyDelete