Sunday 26 March 2017

Sunday - 1 hour 45 minutes

Met Erika, Ben, Darren and Clive at the pool for our last dark start (daylight savings ends next weekend). Picked up Tim at Dee Why. Felt great this morning, and probably set the pace a bit too fast. After the first drink stop at Narrabeen I made sure that I didn't set the pace, but Clive was keen and running well, so the pace remained the same. Started to fatigue around the academy, telling myself to just get to Pittwater Rd, Dee Why. At this stage it was only myself, Clive and Darren. Got to Dee Why and it was around 1 hour 35 minutes. So thought I'd try to get to 1 hour 40 minutes. However, this came just past the top of Mt. Dee Why, so decided to run downhill for a bit. Got past Brookvale Oval and was adamant that I was going to stop at 1 hour 45 minutes - which I did. Too risky going the extra 15 minutes, especially as the furthest I have run since January is 75 minutes (which was last Sunday). The good news is that the fitness is well and truly coming back, just need some more time in my legs for the long run to get it back to two hours - which I have no doubt I'll get to next Sunday now. 4:22's for 24.06km, so the pace was incredibly consistent. Caught the 155 home - although it may have been quicker to walk it. Sore now, but in a good way. Cracking day out there, kind of a shame I'll be spending most of it inside watching the Formula 1 (why couldn't it have been last weekend when the weather was horrible)!

95.4km for the week, according to Strava. Just shy of the 100km I predicted last Sunday. Will definitely go for triple figures next week (might be a while before I hit quadruple figures).

No comments:

Post a Comment