Saturday 19 May 2018

Sunday - 2 hours (deep water running)

I wasn’t too sure what to do today - it was a toss up between a triple (yes, a triple) B&B or a two hour deep water run. Given the weather was worse than yesterday, I went with the latter, as I couldn’t be bothered getting my head wet (although it certainly did get wet during the frequent intermittent downpours throughout). Mentally this was a challenge, but I did my best to focus on where I would be during my normal Sunday long run. I also broke it down to ten minute chunks, which helped. Another strategy was counting how long the traffic lights between The Corso and the beach would stay green for (the answer was a consistent 7 seconds). To be honest, the first 90 minutes weren’t too bad, but the final half an hour was a bit of a drag. I started to really feel the cold, and started to look at the watch a bit more frequently. As always, I managed to get through it. Couldn’t get home quick enough for a nice and hot shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment