Sunday 20 May 2018

Sunday - 2 hours (deep water running)

A much nicer day compared to last Sunday’s two hour set. Left home well before sunrise in a quite chilly 9 degrees. Got out past the essentially non-existent surf break and got straight into it at 6:23am. Spent the first hour going north, ending up just in front of The Steyne. Turned around and ended up getting back to Manly LSC in 40 minutes. Doing my maths, I figured another 12 minutes heading north again followed by the final 8 minutes heading back to the start should ensure a fairly accurate finish line outside the surf club. Once again, the two hours didn’t seem too bad. I was pretty frozen by the time I was done though, those southwesterly winds this time of year are not the friendliest. I think I went through a whole month’s worth of hot water bills when I got home and into the shower. At least my dexterity has returned to allow me to write this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment