Sunday 28 April 2019

Sunday - 24 km

Well, if yesterday I felt good, then today I felt amazing! I have no words to explain what is happening at the moment - it’s like I’ve just returned to sea level following an intense few weeks up in the Himalayas. The only thing I’ve done differently over these past two days is that I’ve eaten some papaya after listening to a podcast about rheumatoid arthritis, and how the interviewee swore by it to help alleviate his flare-ups. Whatever it is, I’m certainly sold. I couldn’t fathom anymore laps of the beachfront trying to dodge people and dogs, so decided to run along Pittwater Rd instead (and that’s saying something) all the way to Collaroy (10 km) before turning back and running home. I felt really strong the entire way, so much so that the original planned 20 km was not going to be enough to keep me satisfied, so I ran to Shelly Beach and back, finishing with 24 km at 4:17’s. The intensity was very comfortable the entire way - I could have definitely pushed a lot harder if I wanted to. And I could have maybe gone another 4 km on top of that as well. Nevertheless, I’m extremely satisfied with that, and hopefully I can continue to improve each day after two months of absolute misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment