Tuesday 9 April 2019

Tuesday - 5 x 1 km (off 3’)

My confidence was extremely low today after a few days of feeling terrible, so the fact that I even showed up was a bonus. I met Dave at the track at 6 am for a repeat of last week's session. My plan was to drop the level of perceived effort slightly, as I was still mentally scarred from last week. In the end, the intensity was slightly easier, and the reps were slightly faster - 3:17, 3:22, 3:26, 3:28 and 3:27. So all-in-all, a somewhat positive session - faster than last week, but still some way to go to get back to peak fitness. Hopefully a drop in volume of strength training will leave me a bit more refreshed for the speedwork. Glad Dave was there this morning, as I don’t know if I would have done it without him there. But as always, really glad I got through it this morning. That should set me up well now moving forward over that hurdle. With a warm-up and cool-down, I got about 14 km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment