Thursday 6 August 2015

Thursday morning session - Deek's Quarters

Again, just happy to get this session done and dusted. By no means was it close to PB pace, but signs are nonetheless encouraging, in that similar to Tuesday it's clear that the speed is still there, it's just the speed endurance and the ability to back up for each 400m repeat following minimal recovery that I am currently struggling with. It's very much different to the fatigue that I had been experiencing for the past 4 weeks, which thank god appears to be improving. 15:49 was the total time today. Upon breaking it out and comparing it to my best time of 15:21 in late June, the differences in average 400m pace was 78 vs. 76 seconds, with the 200m floats at 41 vs. 40 seconds. It's amazing how much closer it looks when analysing it that way! Ran home for 17km all up.

Interestingly, my HRV was at it's lowest this morning since I started recording it a week ago, measuring a 76. The app itself claimed I my sympathetic nervous system was overactive today, and suggested an easier day of training. Haha, I actually felt great this morning, just simply not race fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment