Tuesday 4 August 2015

Tuesday session - Mona Fartlek

The speed is still there, I just need the endurance now! I set myself no expectations today with regards to distance accumulated for the session, I just simply needed to get it done and build from here. And up until the start of the 30 second efforts, I was holding good pace. I got out 3.08km for the first 10 minutes, so not all is lost. But upon turning around underneath the stone hedge for the start of the 30 second efforts, I was spent. Running into a headwind didn't do my dying cause much help either. Finished slowly with 6.03km all up. Definitely not my greatest, but happy nonetheless to be back after a patchy few weeks, and looking forward to building from here. The big aim for me now will be the Melbourne Half Marathon on my birthday in October. The C2S for 2015 is looking unlikely - I am not in peak condition, and do not want to be set back with further lingering fatigue and forgoing another few weeks of quality training. Ran home for 17km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment